With metropolitan transportation, trains need to be on time and the interface to the public rider seamless. One of the key elements in metro transport is reliable and secure communication networks for stations, data centers, trains and the underlying transit infrastructure. Engage products help keep metropolitan transit moving with innovative and cost effective solutions that connect network elements reliably and securely; and provide detailed visibility into network performance, fault isolation and rapid recovery.
Cost effective migration of data traffic to fiber network running between stations and data centers
• Opportunity: Metro transit system preserves station terminal equipment while migrating data transport to private fiber network
• Solution: Connect existing modem, DDS and serial multi-drop circuits, between stations and data centers, over a packet based fiber network using the Engage IP Tube CEP platform.
• Result: Retained existing station and data center equipment and operating procedures while seamlessly and securely transporting critical data over private fiber network; significant leased line and equipment cost savings.
Rapid deployment of commuter rail station to control center MPLS network
• Opportunity: Rapidly migrate light rail station backhaul network from T1 circuits to IP MPLS fiber network.
• Solution: Critical project timeline and cost objectives meant keeping existing data, voice and video equipment; made possible by Engage IP•Tube central site and remote circuit to packet converters.
• Result: Project concluded on time and within budget.